Sunday, January 24, 2010

Notes on Preliminary Installation

Preliminary Installation, George Mason University School of Art.

  • The More I think about it, the more I can't decide if I am making a statement for or against Christianity. On one hand, my intention was to make it deteriorate - but if you start from the opposite end, the verse then becomes clearer - I like the ambiguity, but I wonder if it helps or harms my intention.

  • I like the idea of using the wall - But it needs work. I need to play more with the idea of space and using the wall and it's indentations as "blips" in space. How does the message get distorted through out time and space? How can I show that?

  • I know that for right now, visual linear quality isn't important - but I need to decide on one for the future and commit to it. Either do a straight line, or do a curve. If I do a curve, what justifies it?

  • I also need to figure out how a better quality way to print would be - do I use a professional printer? Do I silk screen? Do I frame? I like the rugged/conceptual quality, but I also don't want it to look sloppy.

  • I also like the wavy line within the prints - reminds me of a sound wave - do I expand on that more? Like the sound wave of being repeated through out history - the repetition of time - and how that gets distorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment